First - the encouraging funny things:
'Out of the mouth of babes ....'
Yesterday I worked with Miriam who is 9 years old. She is studying the Bible and I went on her Bible study with Dominga a few days ago, her grandmother used to study but not anymore. Miriam still studies though and comes to all the meetings - she is a publisher and is out witnessing most days as there is no school on at the moment. She has at least 5 Bible studies!! 4 of them have been coming with her to the meetings and yesterday she started a bible study with Christina, one of her return visits.
 |
| Miriam witnessing to one of her Bible students |
 |
| Starting a bible study with Christina - I was really impressed with her as when I went on her study the day before - she learnt about the scripture at John 14:28 that says "the father is greater than I am" - most people are catholics here or evangelists and believe in the trinity. Anyway, she wrote the scripture down on her notebook. When she studied with Christina - talking about Jesus being the son of God - she pulled out her notebook to find the scripture to show Christina in the Bible that they are not the same person. |
 |
Miriam with 4 of her Bible students at the meeting - aren't they cute?
I went informal witnessing with a sister who has a scooter the other afternoon - we would ride and then stop where people were just waiting alongside the road and talk to them. We also went to a market and talked to some people there. It's funny here - because apparently there are safety rules, like wear helmets, you wouldn't know it though because alot of people ignore the rules and they drive way worse here - had to squeeze my eyes shut on the back of scooter a few times - my mates a really good driver - it's the other drivers I was worried about!! Plus, I had memories of falling off a scooter in Raro and riding one downtown at home. It was a fun evening!
|
The funny haha ....
 |
This dog kept running into the kingdom hall the other week to be with it's owner - one of Miriam's students. She sits on the front row with all her little bible students - so about 3 times, this dog comes running into the hall and goes right up the front and has to be taken out.
The other day, I went to the market to buy some dried apricots. I asked for half a kg, so the man grabs what he thinks to be about that amount. He weighs it and it's about 10 grams over. So he reaches in, grabs some out and eats them! Oh it's still over - so he grabs some more and pops them in his mouth - hori as!! I was like 'eh!'
|

I went on a study at ..... the public toilet!! Here, they have some public toilets at markets etc - if you need to go, there is a lady who sits outside the toilet all day long. You have to pay 1 or 2 bolivianos to use it and she will hand you some toilet paper. She had twins and they stay with her all day at the toilet. We had a study with her, in between people coming to the toilet - it was very normal, I just haven't had a study with anyone at the toilets before! Haha
Sometimes, when we're out with the friends - they'll point to a slogan on their T shirts that is in english and will ask what it means. So we tell them, although some slogans we don't know what they are supposed to say as they don't make sense or they aren't even real words - just something made up! I don't know why people wear something though if they don't know what it means lol. The other night, we went out for dinner at a restaurant and on the way home, on the bus, I saw a man wearing a hoody that had in big letters on the front: BUM hahahaha, I was too slow to get a picture. And once we saw this big guy wearing a basketball style singlet and on the back of it, it said: BIRTHDAY GIRL hahahahaha. We see hard case stuff all the time here - that's all I can remember for now :)
2 comments:
Hey Jas,
Loved the recent experiences especially of our little 9 yr old sister and her students....hardcase the BUM & BIRTHDAY GIRL...just think if you were here you would never get a good laugh like that....
Ahahahahaha crack up!!
I have memories of you falling off a scooter (and crying) too lol ;)
Post a Comment