Wednesday, 16 November 2011

More Witnessing - yay!

So, after travelling around a bit and getting started on our visas, we are really eager to do exactly what we came here for: witnessing! 

This morning we went to meet the group in a different plaza (park).  Fortunately, they waited for us as we were running a bit late.  An elderly brother took the group and we were standing in a circle.  No one had arrangements so whoever you were standing by was your partner!  But because some of us only speak a little spanish, we switched partners so there was a fluent speaker with each learner.

I spoke to a few people today.  They are very humble, alot of them were working as housekeepers or in shops but even so, if they were able to, they would listen!  You can read several scriptures to them and explain, illustrate and apply (I only read one, my witnessing partner did this). It was a kind of cold weather today.

Later, this afternoon, I arranged to go with a sister on some bible studies.  We were going to meet in one of the plazas in town.  Today, I caught a bus and taxi all by myself, though I did get a bit lost going home on the bus but it is good for me to practice finding my way around the city.  I got to the plaza a bit early, so sat next to a lady sitting on a benchseat.  She picked the question in the Bible teach book: 'Why do we suffer?' So we read the paragraphs and scriptures on that subject.  She is Catholic, like most South Americans but turns out she lives out of the city in a small village, she has the Bible teach book and is studying! Sophia came to rescue me when we had finished as I kinda ran out of things to say.  We spoke to her for about 30 mins and then she had to go.

The bible studies that were arranged weren't at their shops as there was some kind of strike going on.  So we walked to some other calls and on the way, Sophia met a family she calls on so we had a nice chat to them.  We went to see a nice family who are all studying, they are publishers - they were very hospitable to us and the daughters speak a little english so they were practicing with me.  So it was nice day and I'm sure there will be many more like this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Far what a neat!
Um just want to clarify something... What's your definition of "Plark?"...<-was that plark? Hah
So glad you are enjoying yourself, sounds real neat! *cough*jealous*cough*soooooo jealous!
Luv you

Unknown said...

Oh by the way that was me.......Linz! But you may have figured it out with the "Plark" thing! Hah

Post a Comment